- What we cover
- Professional indemnity
- Public liability
- Employers' liability
- Van insurance
- Motor trade insurance
- Commercial vehicle
- Landlord insurance
- Shop insurance
- Commercial landlord
- Optional insurance extras
- Policy summaries
- Policy wordings
Professional indemnity insurance
Despite your best efforts, mistakes can happen. In business a single slip-up can lead to costly legal fees and a compensation payment if a client or someone else suffers a financial loss. Professional indemnity insurance (PI insurance for short) protects your business from claims arising from poor advice or making a mistake. In case you do something wrong in your work, it's the right cover to have.
Save 10% on professional indemnity insurance online.
Why your business may need professional indemnity insurance
Your business may require professional indemnity insurance if:
- It gives advice to clients
- It provides a professional service
- It handles confidential information
- It uses copyrighted material or intellectual property belonging to others
- You belong to a professional body where PI insurance is compulsory
- A client insists your business has it before they offer you work
Paying to correct a mistake you've made or defending yourself when the quality of your work is questioned could put your business out of business.
If a claim for negligence is made against your business, AXA professional indemnity insurance covers the cost of your legal defence and any compensation you need to pay to put things right, up to the cover level you choose.
AXA professional indemnity insurance
- Up to £5 million protection – to cover compensation and costs payable to whoever is making the claim against you.
- We pay to defend a claim against you – we cover all your legal defence costs, including solicitors and expert counsel if required.
- If it's required, you're covered – for members of selected professional bodies, AXA provides PI insurance compliant with their requirements.
- Flexible and affordable – select only the options you need and you can save money.
- Expert support – contact our UK claims team if you think a claim may be made against you.
- Quick and easy online quotes – arrange your professional indemnity insurance in minutes at any time.
Cover for previous work – after your business stops trading
When your business stops trading and your AXA professional indemnity insurance expires, claims relating to past work could leave you out of pocket. Your lapsed policy will not cover you for mistakes you may have made in the past. But you will still be liable.
At AXA, we will offer to continue to cover the work you carried out in the past. This is known as run-off cover. As time passes, the risk of a claim reduces. And so a discount will be applied to your renewal premium each year, as long as it does not go below the minimum premium. So whether you’re retiring or shutting up shop, you can be sure you’re protecting your future by covering your past.Get a professional indemnity insurance quote
Specialist professional indemnity insurance policies
Looking for PI insurance for accountants, insurance for estate agents, insurance for the IT industry? AXA gives you the reassurance of professional indemnity insurance for businesses like yours. And for members of the ICAEW, ICAI, ICAS, RICS, RIBA and RIAS, we provide cover compliant with the requirements of your professional body. Click below to find out more about our specialist policies.
AXA PI insurance policy documents
For an at-a-glance overview of the main features of AXA professional indemnity insurance, view the policy summary. Or read the example policy wording for a detailed guide to AXA professional indemnity insurance.
- AXA professional indemnity insurance policy summary
- AXA professional indemnity insurance policy wording
Your AXA business insurance documents will be tailored just to you – with no unnecessary wording or content. Because it's so personal, you will only be able to view your own policy wording in your AXA Account when you buy AXA business insurance.
Tailor your professional indemnity insurance with AXA
With many valuable features included as standard and a choice of professional indemnity insurance options for extra protection, it's reassuringly simple for you to choose the PI insurance that's right for your business.
- Breach of professional duty and claims costs
- Breach of confidentiality
- Bodily injury arising from breach of professional duty
- Court attendance costs
- Dishonesty of employees
- Infringement of copyright
- Loss of documents
- Cover for previous work
- Flexible cover levels up to £5 million
- Choose from a range of excesses
Click a cover option to see how it can benefit your business. Tailor your business insurance with a professional indemnity insurance quote from AXA.