Employers' liability insurance
Employers' liability insurance is a legal requirement for any company with employees. AXA's cover gives you the reassurance you need – and more. If people work for your business, it's your business insurance.
Save 10% on employers’ liability insurance online.
Why your business may need employers' liability insurance
- It is a legal requirement if you have one or more employees – including any full time or part time workers, voluntary employees, contractors and sub-contractors or non-contract staff.
- Your business could be prosecuted and fined by the authorities if you do not have cover of at least £5 million.
- You could face a major claim for compensation if a member of your staff suffers injury or illness as a result of working for your business.
As a business owner you make every effort to ensure the wellbeing of the people who work for you. But if an employee makes a claim against your business, we cover your legal liability up to £10 million.Get an employers' liability insurance quote from AXA
AXA employers' liability insurance
- £10 million protection – to cover damages or claimant's costs.
- Temporary staff covered for up to 50 working days – your AXA employers' liability insurance automatically extends to occasional employees.
- Automatic cover for working partners – in case of injury at work.
- 24 hour legal helpline – free confidential legal advice when you most need it.
Please note: There are some circumstances where employers' liability insurance is not a legal requirement if people work for your business – if all your employees are members of your family for instance. To find out more, you can look at our Frequently Asked Questions.
Choose your business insurance in minutes. Get a business insurance quote from AXA.
AXA EL insurance policy documents
For an at-a-glance overview of the main features of AXA employers' liability insurance, view the policy summary. Or read the example policy wording for a detailed guide to AXA employers' liability insurance.
- AXA employers' liability insurance policy summary (professionals)
- AXA employers' liability insurance policy summary (trades)
- AXA employers' liability insurance policy wording (professionals)
- AXA employers' liability insurance policy wording (trades)
Your AXA business insurance documents will be tailored just to you – with no unnecessary wording or content. Because it's so personal, you will only be able to view your own policy wording in your AXA Account when you buy AXA business insurance.
Providing your Employer Reference Number
New nationwide regulations mean businesses will need to provide their Employer Reference Number (ERN) when arranging employers' liability insurance. With AXA you can do this when you get a quote or send us your information up to 75 days after the start of your policy.
You can read more about ERNs (also known as the Employer PAYE Reference) in our Frequently Asked Questions.
Important information for existing customers
For any information on your existing employers' liability insurance, please call our help team on 0845 606 0940. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.
Only pay for what you need
A choice of extras and cost savings